Oppo Reno6 Pro 5G is the most high-spec Reno in the 6′ batch. It has been with us for the last few weeks and has undergone the rigorous testing. You might be asking about the Pro+. Isn’t it the highest-spec model in the series? Let’s clarify.
oppo reno6 pro 5g Specification
As a way to help us understand a confusing lineup, this ‘global’ smartphone version has ‘Snapdragon’ in its name on the specs page. It’s not part of its actual market designation.
The good news is that confusion is limited to people like us, who cater to all markets around the globe. The model that is chosen by the consumer depends on where they live. India and China receive the Oppo Reno6 Pro 5G equipped with a Mediatek Dimensity 1200, a different camera setup and a lower price than this Snapdragon version.
Oppo Reno6 Pro 5G Design
However, this doesn’t mean that the Reno6 Pro+ 5G is not available in Eastern markets. In China, a similar phone is called Oppo Reno6 Pro plus. The Pro+ is, in a sense, the most well-equipped Reno6 but this particular Pro+ flavor is not. The other Reno6s aren’t too distracting. Although we may occasionally use the Snapdragon moniker, it is important to know that this is the model we are reviewing.
Let’s move on to the hardware. The Reno6 Pro 5G(Snapdragon), starts with a 6.55 inch AMOLED display. It has a moderately high refresh rate of 90Hz. This is one of the few unusual choices in a market where most competitors are at 120Hz. The Snapdragon 870 is last year’s flagship SoC, and it is in some ways superior to the 888 in 2021. Most people will be happy with a single SKU that has 12GB RAM and 256GB storage.
Oppo Reno6 Pro 5G Display
They aren’t bad cameras either. The back tri-set is headlined with the same 50MP sensor as the Find X3 Pro flagship. And the numbers indicate that the 2x teles are shared among the two. The Find retains exclusive rights to the 50MP ultrawide. Therefore, the Reno receives a 16MP sensor, but the 32MP selfie unit is retained by the Reno. The Reno6 Pro 5G (SD) has a 3-out of 4-flagship camera system. It’s kind of true, the 2MP macro is not as fascinating as the 3MP scope on the Find X3 Pro. But that’s enough to make it worth counting – if you do so.
Oppo Reno6 Pro 5G Portrait
The 4,500mAh battery should last for a while, and the 65W fast charger is even better. Stereo speakers are also appreciated. An IP rating is missing. We are willing to forgive this omission if the Reno is labelled a midranger. However, at EUR800 that field should not be empty.
Oppo Reno6 PRO 5G (Snapdragon), specs at a glance
- Body: 160.8×72.5×8.0mm, 188g; aluminum frame; glass back.
- Display 6.55″ SuperAMOLED, 90Hz HDR10+. 500 nits for type, 800 nits for HDR, 1100 nits peak, 1080x2400px resolution. 20:9 aspect ratio. 402ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm): Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585); Adreno 650.
- Memory 256GB/12GB RAM; UFS3.1.
- OS/Software Android 11 ColorOS 11.3.
- Rear camera: Wide (main), 50 MP, F/1.8, 24mm 1/1.56″, OIS, Omnidirectional PDAF; Telephoto: 13MP, F/2.4, 52mm 1/3.4″, 2.0um, and PDAF; Ultra-wide angle: 16 MP; f/2.2.123@, 1/3.09″, 1.um; Macro, 2 MP, FL/2.4
- Front camera: 32 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8um.
- Video capture Back camera: 4K@30/60fps and 1080p@30/60/120fps. Gyro-EIS, HDR. Front camera : 1080p@30/60/120fps.
- Battery: 4500mAh, Fast Charging 65W, Reverse Charging, SuperVOOC 2.0
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); NFC; stereo speakers.
Oppo Reno6 Pro 5G unboxing
The Reno6 Pro 5G is kept in a teal box until you get it. On the top, there’s a bold 6, which signifies the generation. Below that, there’s a smaller designation at the bottom with the model number (minus the Snapdragon). The fifth generation is presented in the same way.
Oppo skipped the earbuds, however, the 5 Pro 5G, 6 5G, and 6 5G each have a pair. However, the 6 Pro 5G (Snapdragon) does not have a pair. The 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 fast charging charger comes with a cable and a basic, but functional, soft protective case. It doesn’t conceal the fancy back.