We don’t often review Infinix phones because of its limited popularity in certain regions. Infinix is a popular brand in certain markets, especially South Asia and Africa, but it has its share of market appeal. Infinix is part of Chinese Transsion Holding, along with Tecno, Itel, and other large brands. Oraimo accessories and Carlcare after-sales support are also available. We digress.
We’ve actually been quite busy with Infinix lately, having just checked out the new Infinix Pro.
new Infinix Pro
Now, we have the Infinix Zero X Pro. This is the Infinix Zero X Pro, the current flagship model in the Infinix range. It has a lot of hardware. It is difficult to pinpoint the exact price of this Infinix Zero X Pro, as it is not yet available in all online shops we checked. Some sources we have seen suggest a MSRP of $300. This seems quite low. A more plausible price tag for the 256GB/8GB version is $456, or EUR 390. Therefore, it is safe to assume that the base 128GB/8GB variant will retail for around $400.
This is the Infinix Zero X Pro Design and Camera Zoom:
This is impressive considering the specs of the Zero X Pro. Its triple main camera setup is the highlight. The camera setup includes a 108MP OIS-enabled camera at its helm, as well as an 8MP, F/2.25, 120 degree ultrawide, and an 8MP periscope Telephoto with 5x optical zoom and OIS. The ultrawide can double as a macro camera, and all three cameras have autofocus. Infinix is so proud of its zoom technology that they have a Galileo Engine system to photograph the moon from the Zero X Pro.
Infinix Zero X Pro specs at a glance:
- Body 164.1×75.7×7.8mm. 193g. Glass front, glass back.
- Display 6.67″ AMOLED. 120Hz. 700 nits peak. 1080x2400px resolution. 20:9 aspect ratio. 395ppi.
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm): Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G76 MC4.
- Memory 128GB 8GB Ram, 256GB 8GB Ram; UFS2.2; microSDXC; dedicated slot
- OS/Software Android 11 XOS 7.6
- Rear Camera: Large (main) 108 MP. f/1.8, 1/1.52″, 0.75um, Dual Pixel PDAAF, OIS. Telephoto : 8 MP. f/3.4.125mm. 1/4.4″, 1.01um, OIS. Ultra Wide Angle : 8 MP. f/2.3.13mm. 120-degree. 1/4.0″, 1.12um.
- Front camera 16 MP (wide), 1/2.76″, 1.12um
- Video capture Back camera [email protected] and [email protected]; Front camera [email protected] and [email protected]
- Battery: 4500mAh, Fast Charging 45W; 40% in 15 minutes (advertised).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); FM radio; 3.5mm jack.
Infinix Zero X Pro space camera:
The specs sheet is not limited to the camera. The Zero X Pro has a 6.67 inch AMOLED display with 700 nits brightness and a refresh rate of 120Hz. Infinix is particularly proud of this display controller in their marketing. A 4,500 mAh battery is included with 45W fast charging, and a stereo speaker system.
The Zero X Pro is a little different from the Infinix budget MO. The Zero X Pro even features a glass back, which is a departure from the typical Infinix budget MO. We are eager to get in on the action and see how these specs translate into the real world.
infinix zero x pro unboxing
Let’s start by unboxing the Zero X Pro. Like all Infinix models, the Zero X Pro is packaged in a sturdy cardboard box. It does not sport a bright, flashy green color, unlike the Note 10 Pro or Note 11 Pro. Infinix chose to use subdued colors with subtle patterns. To keep everything secure and nice, there is plenty of cardboard inside the box.
Infinix didn’t skimp on accessories. The accessory package includes the 45W charger and a USB Type A to Type C cable. It is likely that you will want to keep it, as it is rated to carry more current than your average cable due to the 45W charging setup Infinix uses. You also get a nice, grippy and textured case. The case even features a lip that protects the camera island. There are no complaints. Infinix also included a pair wired earbuds and an inline microphone. Although not particularly extravagant, they offer great value and added value.