Samsung Exynos 1280 specs:
- Technology used in the process: 5nm of EUV
- CPU: 2x Cortex-A78 @2.4Ghz + 6x Cortex-A55 @2.0GHz, 64-bit.
- GPU Arm Mali-G68
- AI Engine AI Engine that has NPU. 4.3 TOPS.
- Modem: 5G NR Sub-6GHz + 5G NR mmWave 1, 2.55 Gbps DL, 1.28 Gbps UL, global 5G multi-SIM.
- Wi-Fi Wi-Fi 802.11ac MIMO with Dual-band (2.4/5G).
- Cameras: Single camera up to 108 megapixels, triple camera up to 16 megapixels and recording in 4K at 30 frames per second and playback.
- Display HD+ at 120 Hz
- Memory: LPDDR4x
- StorageUFS v2.2
- Additional: Bluetooth 5.2, FM Radio RX, Quad-constellation multi-signal L1 and L5 L1 GNSS.
The device is built on Samsung’s 5-nm EUV process. It has an eight-core CPU comprised of two Cortex A78 performance cores as well as six Cortex A55 power-efficient cores. The GPU portion is managed by the Arm Mali G68 and it comes with sub-6GHz and mmWave 5G connectivity.
The latest SoC is enhanced with Fused Multiply Add (FMA) which is expected to bring greater power efficiency and longer battery longevity. The neural processing unit on board (NPU) is able to provide AI features like scene segmentation and motion analysis in real-time. multi-object surveillance.
Exynos 1280 is able to handle FHDplus displays with refresh rates of up to 120 Hz. The Image Signal Processor (ISP) can handle the highest resolution of 108 megapixels and three modules with 16MP each. Samsung has also introduced multi-frame image processing, which produces better quality images and less noise, as well as electronic stabilized images (EIS) and the ability to record 4K videos and replay them at 30 frames per second.
With regards to connectivity, you will get two-band wireless 802.11ac MIMO. Bluetooth 5.2 with Quad-constellation multi-signal to support L1 and GNSS positioning.